- The project “Apihealth: Improving the professional development opportunities in the Apitherapy sector in terms of health” promotes entrepreneurship education to develop active citizenship, employability, and new business (including social entrepreneurship), to support future learning and career pathways for individuals in accordance with their personal and professional development.
- The project, which is implemented under the European Union programme ERASMUS +, aims to design apitheraphy and bee-based educational curricula and to develop fully up-to-date educational materials aimed at the use of bee products in alternative medicine, and consequently increase beekeepers' income.
- The project implementation period is scheduled for 24 months, with the start date on 1st November 2018 and the end on 31st October 2020.
The main aims of the APIHEALTH project are:
- To develop a curriculum based on apitheraphy and bee products and completely updated educational materials on bee products inalternative medicine;
- To develop ApiHealth e-Learning platform
- To promote the training of professionals to develop active citizenship, employability, and new business (including social entrepreneurship); to support future learning and career pathways for individuals in accordance with their personal and professional development;
- To update and improve trainers' knowledge and support related professional groups and environmental institutions and trainingcentres in education, related to bee products and their use in alternative medicine.
- To create a network of stakeholders at local and regional level
- To increase the income of beekeepers through the use of bee products in alternative medicine